Making The Right Choice in Trade Show Flooring
Exhibitors normally start preparing for a trade show by considering their trade show booth components, especially focusing on their backwalls and graphics. And rightly so, these are the key tools we all use to attract attention at the convention hall.
When the organizer does get around to thinking about what will be under everyone’s feet, they soon realize there are lots of options and struggle with making the right choice in trade show flooring. Yet, if there are choices, there must be a reason.
In this article, we’ll take you through the various options when it comes to exhibit flooring for a trade show. We’ll evaluate each option, and let you know about their main features & benefits. Our goal is to help you in making the right choice in trade show flooring for your next booth.
So which of the many choices in trade show flooring, carpet and tiles is the right choice?
Interlocking tiles come in many different finishes, such as vibrant primary colors, stone, woodgrain, and carpet. Options seem endless when there are also variations of texture and patterns, all constructed of thick, high density foam and vinyl.
Interlocking tiles are so popular because installation is very easy, and many of the tiles provide an extremely soft surface to walk on. Customers will appreciate stepping into the comfort of your booth after they have spent hours on hard tile, cement, or wood flooring. This is important, as designing a comfortable booth space is one of the most effective things you can do to promote your brand.
Interlocking tiles are strong and durable, and can support all the foot traffic you are set to receive.
Here are the particular benefits of opting for interlocking carpet tiles.
- Fatigue relief when standing for long periods of time.
- Comfort flex interlocking vinyl trade show tiles.
- Beveled edges for safer entry.
- Electrical wire channeling for safer navigation without tripping over cords.
- Easy assembly.
- Custom configuration options for any shaped exhibit space.
- Eco-friendly – constructed of 100% recyclable materials.
- Made in the United States.
- Quick delivery upon order, even for custom orders.
- They come in both indoor and outdoor varieties.
- Convenient to pack and transport even in a small vehicle.
- Lightweight and easy to manage.
- Durable and easy to clean.
For a classic, high-end exhibit space, quality trade show carpet can be the perfect option. Available in several thickness options and dozens of color choices, carpeting is always a classic. , perfect for any trade show regardless of industry.
Carpet provides that elegant, luxurious look that is difficult to achieve with most other flooring. It is particularly suitable for selling luxury goods, cars, or high-end appliances. But don’t let that limit you, because carpet is an ideal choice for almost any trade show, regardless of industry.
Here is why you should choose the appeal of rollable carpet for your next show:
- Quality that lasts without shedding or creating carpet fuzz.
- Convenient “Ready-To-Go” packages available that include pad and travel case with the carpet roll.
- A la carte options to customize colors, widths and other options.
- Secured with bindings and tacks for safe edges.
- Can be customized with logos or graphics.
- Superior fatigue relief.
Custom Printed Flooring
Custom printed flooring is an ideal option if you want to really make your brand stand out. There are a variety of flooring options that can be customized, including rolled carpets, vinyl flooring, and printed tile floors.
Customizing your flooring is a great option to add that additional level of branding to your booth. Generating brand awareness and standing out among the crowd is a difficult task at trade shows, so you likely want to take every opportunity available to showcase your logo. Floor graphics can also include your website, social media handles, product images, and more!
You can even customize the flooring with visually appealing floor graphics to lively up your booth.
Here are some advantages of custom printed flooring:
- Simple process – simply print from artwork files.
- Can be printed in high definition, full color.
- Can print on a variety of types of flooring with non-stick backing and easy installation.
- Available in custom shapes and sizes.
- Can add custom edges and electrical channels.
FlexFloor Rollable Vinyl Flooring
FlexFloor is a newer flooring option which combines the benefits of portable flooring with the aesthetic appeal of different types of carpeting. FlexFloor is made up of rolls of printed vinyl, which are glued to the top of thin foam pads. It is highly portable, and installation involves simply unrolling the FlexFloor.
FlexFloor is light, portable, and affordable. It has the appeal of custom printing which allows you to mimic the aesthetic of various types of flooring. Popular choices include wood, stone, and tile.
The benefits of FlexFloor include:
- Light and portable. Easy transport to and from events.
- Unroll to install. Installation process is very easy.
- Affordable. FlexFloor has a competitively priced cost per square foot.
- Durable surface that can handle heavy foot traffic.
- Customizable surface for aesthetically pleasing designs.
- Options that mimic wood, stone, tile, and much more.
Buy or Rent
Once the right floor has been selected, the next question is usually whether flooring should be rented or purchased. If a company plans to participate in multiple trade shows, a flooring purchase is probably the most cost effective choice.
It usually only takes two to three shows for purchased flooring to pay for itself as compared to rental rates at the convention. You also cannot use advertisements on your trade show flooring if you rent. You will own a floor that will last for years with a little bit of care to protect your investment. :
To calculate whether you should rent or buy, divide the cost of renting by the cost of buying. This will tell you how many events you need to attend to pay for the flooring. Also be sure to consider whether you have anywhere to store the flooring between events.
Rollable Flooring Tips
Here are some handy tips & tricks for handling rollable flooring:
- Recycle the core of rolled flooring from the original shipping package.
- Clean it before packing and shipping.
- Use appropriate cleaners that will not damage flooring materials.
- Securely strap down when rolled, particularly the ends, to prevent damage.
- Before use at a show: attach a 3-5″ strip of tape to underside edges to prevent any damage when removing from showroom floor adhesives.
- Trim padding to accommodate for 3-5″ adhesive strip around edges.
Interlocking Tile Tips
Here are some tips for handling and installing interlocking flooring:
- Clean before packing and shipping.
- Use appropriate cleaners that will not damage flooring materials.
- Supervise all crews while removing tiles.
- Do not yank on tiles when removing.
- Be sure to place some tape under your edge tiles, so that when double-backed tape is used to tape those tiles to the floor, that double-backed tape adheres to the tape already on the bottom of the tile, not to your tile itself!
Making the Right Choice in Trade Show Flooring
All flooring options provide varying amounts of fatigue relief, which is important not only for representatives managing the exhibit, but also improves comfort levels for visitors. The different flooring options then create choices based on certain needs. It might seem that there are so many options that picking the right flooring becomes a difficult task.
We recommend that you make your decision across a few key variables. Budget, size of transport vehicle, and visual statement are just a few of the factors affecting a final choice where trade show flooring is concerned. You need to evaluate your flooring decisions in relation to your overall trade show strategy. Choose one that is cost efficient, but also that works with your booth design to portray the image you want to communicate to potential customers.
If you’re struggling with making the right choice in trade show flooring, give us a call – we’re happy to help!