Benefits of Ecolab Hand Sanitizer Dispenser
The Ecolab hand sanitizer dispenser is among the top-rated products for minimizing the spread of germs and diseases. In 2019 alone, the company’s hygiene programs and hand cleaning products were used in cleaning over 40 billion hands globally. But with a plethora of hand sanitizer products available, what makes Ecolab stand out from the crowd?
Ecolab is one of the leading brands in the world when it comes to infection prevention solutions. In 2020, the company was named one of the world’s most ethical companies for the fourteenth consecutive time. This is just one out of its numerous awards and recognition's.
This article will highlight the 3 top reasons why you should consider using the Ecolab hand sanitizer dispenser, or one of our automatic touchless hand sanitizer dispensers plus the Ecolab's sanitizers. (The Ecolab "magic" is as much in the sanitizer solution itself, as in the hardware dispenser.)
1. A Healthy and Safe Alternative
Hand sanitizers have become must-haves for every organization, home, and even personal use, especially in recent times. Unfortunately, not all hand sanitizers are safe and healthy.
For a hand sanitizer to be considered safe for use, it should be alcohol-based, with at least 60% ethyl alcohol (also known as ethanol). The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clearly advises against the use of hand sanitizer products that contain methanol because it is not a safe active ingredient.
If absorbed through the skin, methanol (also known as wood alcohol) can be toxic. It might even lead to life-threatening conditions if ingested. In recent times, though, there has been a significant increase in the manufacture of hand sanitizer products containing methanol. Many of these products have been recalled and taken off the market. Some of them include:
- UVT Hand Sanitizer
- Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer
- Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer
- Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer
Many toxic hand sanitizer products were discovered to be made in Mexico. While that doesn’t mean all hand sanitizers from that country are unsafe, you want to be wary of products from that region, especially if the brand name is an unfamiliar one.
If you are not sure about the safety of any hand sanitizer product, it is best to consult the FDA’s growing list of potentially unsafe and toxic hand sanitizers.
Thankfully, there are many other safe and healthy alternatives like Ecolab. The brand ensures that all of its hand sanitizers contain at least 70% isopropyl alcohol or 60% ethyl alcohol, as stipulated in the FDA and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
Ecolab products all follow strict quality control processes to ensure that none of the hand sanitizers contain 1-propanol or methanol.
2. Improved Sustainability
The Ecolab hand sanitizer dispenser is part of the company’s Hand Hygiene System that combines innovation, efficiency, and sustainability to ensure guests and employees' safety at work. The system works by infusing technology and training with bacteria-killing chemistry in a sleek and modern dispenser.
Ecolab’s hand hygiene system features adaptable NEXA Dispensers. Unlike other dispensers that might get damaged if used with different liquids, the Ecolab hand sanitizer dispenser can be used to dispense different types of liquids, foams, and gels without causing the product to become less effective. This multi-purpose use means you don’t have to change dispensers when you need to change hand cleaning products.
3. High-Quality Design
The Ecolab hand sanitizer dispenser is built to last, optimize product use, and reduce wastages. Some of the unique features include:
- Patented pumping: The dispenser uses a patented pump that regulates the quantity of product dispensed at a time. This helps to reduce waste as well as reduces clogs that can block the dispenser over time.
- Internal volume control mechanism: Equally, the dispenser offers the option of manually managing the amount of product dispensed. All it takes is to open the case and flip an internal mechanism located near the pump.
- One way fitting: Refilling the dispenser is pretty straightforward. The bottles are designed to fit into the dispenser only one way. So, there’s no guesswork or the possibility of forcing the bottle to fit.
- Transparent sides: The dispenser sides have a transparent window where you can view the product level and know when to refill. You can also see the expiration date of the products from the transparent window.
- Easy-to-switch product-specific label: Since NEXA dispensers can be used for different products, it makes sense for users to know which products are inside the dispenser without having to open the device each time. For this reason, the dispensers feature product-specific badges or labels that are easy to switch. Users can quickly see what product (hand sanitizer, hand soap, etc.) is inside the dispenser at a glance.
- Hidden lock: There’s a hidden lock at the top rear-side of the dispenser. The lock increases safety and minimizes possible tampering of the device. However, opening the lock is easy with the use of a paper clip or key.
- Variety: NEXA dispenser from Ecolab is available in Classic (1,250 ml) and Compact (750 ml) options and can either be manual or touch-free options. Both models feature interchangeable refill bottles and come in a variety of finishes.
- Less maintenance cost: The NEXA touch-free dispensers use 44% fewer batteries than other dispensers. This goes a long way to reduce downtime as well as maintenance cost.
- Hand screws for battery stoppers: Eventually, batteries will run out, and you’ll need to change them. Thanks to simple hand screws attached to toppers, you can easily replace the batteries without a screwdriver.
- Antimicrobial protection: One of the biggest drawbacks of push-style hand sanitizer dispensers is the possibility of spreading germs from the frequently touched push button. Ecolab’s NEXA manual dispensers solve this problem by coating the push button with antimicrobial protection. This unique feature continuously prevents the growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria.
The Ecolab hand hygiene system gives you access to quality all-round support, including expert training, on-going service, continuing awareness, and free installation.
With nearly a century’s experience under its belt, you can be sure of your hygiene and cleanliness when you're using Ecolab's hand sanitizer, either with the Ecolab dispenser, or one of our top alternative hand sanitizer dispenser solutions.